- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (soft but not melted)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips (I used enjoy life brand)
- Preheat oven to 375′. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the coconut oil and the maple syrup to a large bowl. If the oil is very hard, microwave for a few seconds until soft but not melted. Stir briskly with a whisk until the syrup and oil are mixed together. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined. If it fells dry and not mixing, add another tbsp. melted coconut oil. Then stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon sizes onto the cookie sheet, spacing about two inches apart. I used a small ice cream scooper and then pressed them down gently with my fingers to flatten a bit.
- Bake until set and the edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Take them out before they harden so they stay soft baked.
- Devour and enjoy every bite.
- Cookies keep well in an airtight container in fridge for 4-5 days or freeze well.
Recipe slightly adjusted from: https://www.kitchentreaty.com/soft-baked-almond-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies/#recipe
These are incredible gluten-free, dairy-free alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies.