- 4 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley- chopped
- Wash and soak 2 cups of dried beans the night before. Rinse off soaking water, place into pot with 3 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add cinnamon and cumin.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- If you use canned black beans, empty into pot, mix with cinnamon and cumin, keeping about 1 cup of liquid from the can. (Make sure its bpa free lining) Cover and cool on medium for about 10 minutes.
- In a pan, sauté onions and garlic with oil
- Mix beans with sautéed onions, raw peppers, a pinch of cayenne and salt.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and a wedge of lime.