- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 organic bunches kale, stemmed and cut into ribbons
- 2 cups large diced peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425′ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash with 2 tbsp oil and chili powder until well coated and put on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes until tender and browned, stirring once through cooking.
- In a large pan on stove, sauté kale and garlic in 1 tbsp oil until soft. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a dry pan, toast almonds until toasty and set aside.
- When squash is done, combine with sautéed kale and top with toasted almonds. Serve.
Recipe slightly adjusted from The Whole 30 Cookbook by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig