- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 12 cloves garlic, in a large mince
- 8 peeled organic carrots, diced
- 8 organic celery, diced including leaves
- 1 head organic lacinato kale, diced small
- 2 containers of organic chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup rinsed organic quinoa
For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs organic ground turkey
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 3 Tbsp minced dried onion
- Saute onion in olive oil for a few minutes. Add garlic and then carrots and celery.
- In the meantime, mix all meatball ingredients together and roll into meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and broil on High for 5 minutes until a little crispy but not fully cooked through.
- Add kale to pot and cook for 2 minutes, then add stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add meatballs and quinoa and cook for another 15 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Serve hot.