- 1 head of organic beet green tops, washed and diced small
- 2 organic sweet onions, diced small
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add beet green bottoms first for a few minutes and then add greens.
- Sauté until cooked down, add salt and pepper and serve.
These are delicious hot or cold.
I used golden beet greens in this recipe but all color beets work.
To cook the beets after greens have been cut off, wash well and wrap in parchment then foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 350′ until soft inside and knife goes through easily. Let them cool completely and outer layer will peel off and they are ready to eat.