- 2 bags of dried organic split peas, rinsed thoroughly
- 15 organic celery with leaves if you have, diced
- 10 organic carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 160z container of organic vegetable stock (equal to 4 cups water if you don’t have stock)
- diced cooked ham (optional)
- 11 cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Saute onions in large pot in 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Add all other ingredients, except split peas and liquids and saute for about 5-10 minutes until slightly softened. Add peas and then add liquids and stir.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 1-2 hours until peas are soft and veggies are cooked through.
- Enjoy. Will thicken slightly after a day in fridge so having it be a little more liquidy at first is perfect.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.