- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 5 medium organic gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and diced
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 Tbsp minced organic dill
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces) organic cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, cook onion in olive oil until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, carrots, garlic and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Stir in the beans. Add lemon juice and stir, then add salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe edited from http://theprettybee.com/2012/11/white-bean-and-potato-soup-with-lemon.html