- whole organic chicken
- fresh pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 whole organic lemon, sliced in half
- Rinse the chicken, discarding insides, and pat dry.
- Season heavily inside and out with all the spices.
- Add lemon inside the chicken.
- Crush 5 pieces of aluminum foil into balls and place at the bottom of your crockpot for the chicken to lay on.
- Place the whole chicken on top of the foil balls.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Remove to a cutting board and slice.
- Use juice from the bottom of the crockpot as a gravy for the chicken or you can use the juice to make a thicker gravy by adding arrowroot or kuzu powder.
Sorry the picture above is cut into, it was so tender, I put a fork in and it fell apart before I could get a nice picture.